Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in [path]/includes/functions_bigthree.php on line 2

Warning: file_get_contents(http://alli.ddns.us/a/l/) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in [path]/includes/functions_bigthree.php on line 2
The Freestat Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Freestat Guide

Ogre
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%
    Rotcha is on a distinguished road Rotcha's Avatar
    Level
    Thanks
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class3 months registered500 Experience PointsOverdrive250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Posting Award

The Freestat Guide

This is a guide to explain how free stats affect you, and how they affect each other

-------------------------STR-------------------------

STR is the physical damage trait in the game and adds 1.2 damage for every point placed in it. The damage that is added through freestat STR goes through defence. For example, if you were to hit a 1 on someone with no STR in your build, you would hit a 36 on them with 30 STR in your build.

-------------------------DEX-------------------------

DEX is the evasion/aim trait in the game and adds 3 aim and 2 evasion for every point placed into it. However there is a fall off with this trait. At 33 the the Aim gained goes down to 2 points, at 50 the evasion goes down to 1 point, and at 68 the aim goes down to 1 point.

-------------------------END-------------------------

This is the physical defence trait in the game and will add 0.5 physical defence, 0.1% block rate and 5 hp for every point placed into it. However like DEX there is a falloff with this trait that occurs at 50, at 50 points placed in END all further points will only add 0.05% block rate.

-------------------------INT-------------------------

INT is the Magical damage trait in the game and adds 1.2 magic damage for every point placed into it.

-------------------------SPR-------------------------

SPR is the Magical defence trait in the game and will add 0.5 magic defence and 0.2% critical hit chance for every point put into it. However like DEX and END there is a fall off. At 25 point put into SPR all further point will only add 0.1% critical hit chance.

-------------------------How the stats work with eachother-------------------------

-------------------------STR and END-------------------------

While STR may hit through defence normally, END plays a part in it hitting completely. For example lets say I have 30 END in my build while someone has 31 STR in their build, if END didn't affect STR the STR person would hit 38's even if they would hit 1 with 0 STR in their build. With END in the equation the person would hit 26's. So roughly 3 END in a build will negate 1 STR in a build.

(The STR/END thing, along with the exact DEX effects aren't EXACTLY proven, thought it has been observed, so that part should just be a consideration and not taken as a proven fact. >.>)

Some of these fact have been taken from A free-stat guide on the OS forums.

-Rotcha
    Last edited by Rotcha; 02-07-2011 at 06:45 AM.
    The lesson today is, Never let a tornado run through a nuclear power plant. Be afraid, be very afraid.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rotcha For This Useful Post:

pandrous (11-14-2010)

Ratman
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Vixero is on a distinguished road Vixero's Avatar
    Level
    Thanks
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points7 days registeredThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Well written, Rotcha. The research corresponds to the observations I have made as well, so I don't doubt most of it. The DEX stats are the only ones I'm having a bit of trouble trying to track, but it seems to match up.

Again, well done.

~Vix

Vixero, the Angel of FiestaGamer - Level 21 WizMage on Teva

Ogre
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Rotcha is on a distinguished road Rotcha's Avatar
    Level
    Thanks
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class3 months registered500 Experience PointsOverdrive250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    The issue with dex is, I've heard people saying that it goes by percentages, and the stat window shows that as well, but whenever I add a point, it doesn't seem to follow the % rule. I need to make a pure dex something to check. :/
    The lesson today is, Never let a tornado run through a nuclear power plant. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Epic PwN of 1337zors
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 805
    Centrix is on a distinguished road Centrix's Avatar
    Level
    Thanks
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1 year registeredCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Nice this is really great for people that get confused sometimes
    What? o.O

Bat
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 103
    S0uthp4w is on a distinguished road S0uthp4w's Avatar
    Level
    Thanks
    Gifts Yin Yang Shark PandaBrr Moneystack Heart
    Achievements:
    Three Friends31 days registered500 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger Second Class250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Thanks for the guide^^

Although i was aware of the SPR drop off, I honestly did not know about the 50 END drop off...Good thing I read this cause I'm coming up on that mark :P

Thanks again~~

Sig made by me xD | Background stock by FiestaGamer |9x Fighter Boo-yeah!

Slime
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 53.6%
    Kensharma is on a distinguished road Kensharma's Avatar
    Level
    Thanks
    Very nice, I am a F-Noob so this is helpful :P

+ Reply to Thread